ACV products are provided subject to the following terms and conditions. Please ensure that you read the following carefully as it will be deemed that you have accepted these terms by visiting our site and purchasing from ACV. You might also find helpful information in our FAQ section.
ACV recognises the importance of safeguarding your information. This Privacy Statement therefore sets out how we use your information and the steps we take to ensure your privacy remains protected.
ACV offers Australian-made, natural hair and skincare products sold online and through a number of Australian retailers. Our company is registered as ACV trading as ACV 6/30 First Avenue, Broadbeach, QLD, 4218, Australia.
If you have any queries or requests regarding this Statement or our use of your personal information, do not hesitate to contact us using the details set out below.
HOW DO WE COLLECT YOUR INFORMATION?
As you interact with us, we will collect your information in several ways. Often you will provide this information directly to us, but in other cases it might be collected automatically through technical means such as Cookies.
If you contact us through our website, by email, by social media or purchase items from our store, we will collect the following information in order to provide the contract to you and respond to any queries:
- Your name
- Your postal address
- Your email address
- Order details.
- Financial or payment information such as your card details if a purchase has been made.
We collect the following information about you automatically, through technical means such as Cookies, when you browse our store:
- Internet protocol (IP) address
- Country geolocation using IP address
- Browsing data linked to Google Analytics.
See ‘cookies policy’ section below for more details.
WHAT DO WE DO WITH YOUR INFORMATION?
We will use the information we collect about you in a variety of ways. For example, we will use it to fulfil your orders, to analyse and improve how our business and websites work, and, where we have your consent, to provide you marketing updates. We will never sell your information to any third party, and we only use your information when we have a lawful basis for doing so.
To fulfil our obligations to you or enable us to enter a contract:
- We will collect your personal details, contact information and address so that we can process and fulfil your orders.
Where we have your consent:
- We will periodically send emails to the address you provide so that you can find out more about our store, new products and other updates. If you want to withdraw this consent you can do so at any time – for more information see the ‘Your Rights’ section.
Where we have a legal obligation to do so:
- We are required to keep certain financial records for financial reporting and accounting purposes.
Where we have a legitimate interest in using your information (and this information is not overridden by your own rights as an individual):
- We will use the information automatically collected about you through technical means such as Cookies to analyse how visitors use our website so that we can understand how visitors engage with ACV and improve how our website works.
- We also keep a record of transactions and correspond so that we can bring claims or defend ourselves in the event of a legal claim or complaint.
You can find out more about how ACV’s interests are balanced with your own rights and interests by getting in contact with us using the details set out below.
HOW WILL YOUR INFORMATION BE SHARED?
We will share the information we collect about you with our service providers to the extent necessary for purposes outlined above. We may disclose your personal information if required to do so by law or if you violate our Terms of Service.
Sharing your information with Woocommerce:
- Woocommerce provides us with the online e-commerce platform that allows us to sell our products and services to you.
- Woocommerce therefore hosts the data we collect about you.
- Your data is stored through Woocommerce data storage, databases and the general Woocommerce application, on a secure server behind a firewall. Your data will be stored in Woocommerce servers in the USA.
- If you choose a direct payment gateway to complete your purchase, then Woocommerce stores your credit card data. It is encrypted through the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS).
- Your purchase transaction data is stored only as long as is necessary to complete your purchase transaction. After that is complete, your purchase transaction information is deleted. All direct payment gateways adhere to the standards set by PCI-DSS as managed by the PCI Security Standards Council, which is a joint effort of brands like Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover. PCI-DSS requirements help ensure the secure handling of credit card information by our store and its service providers. For more insight, you may also want to read Woocommerce Terms of Service here or Privacy Statement here.
Sharing your information with other third parties:
Where ACV uses third party service providers, we may disclose to them your personal information – but they will only use your information to the extent necessary to allow them to perform the services on our behalf.
ACV will share your information with the following categories of service providers:
- Third parties providing payment gateways
- Third parties who process payments or transactions on our behalf
- Google AdWords: Google AdWords is an online advertising service developed by Google, where advertisers pay to display brief advertising copy, product listings, and video content within the Google ad network to web users. Google AdWords’ system is based partly on cookies and partly on keywords determined by advertisers. Google uses these characteristics to place advertising copy on pages where they think it might be relevant. Advertisers pay when users divert their browsing to click on the advertising copy. Partner websites receive a portion of the generated income.
- Google Analytics: Google Analytics is a freemium web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic. Google launched the service in November 2005 after acquiring Urchin. Google Analytics is now the most widely used web analytics service on the Internet.
- Facebook: Facebook is an American online social media and social networking service company based in Menlo Park, California. Its website was launched on February 4, 2004, by Mark Zuckerberg, along with fellow Harvard College students and roommates Eduardo Saverin, Andrew McCollum, Dustin Moskovitz, and Chris Hughes.
Other circumstances in which we may share your information:
- From time to time we may need to disclose your information to law enforcement agencies or regulators.
- In addition, we may need to disclose your information if you violate our Terms of Service.
- If our store is acquired or merged with another company, your information may be shared with the new owners so that we may continue to sell products to you.
ACV takes steps to ensure that the third parties we engage to provide services to us on our behalf use your data in accordance with this Statement.
Once you leave our store’s website or are redirected to a third-party website or application, you are no longer governed by this Statement or our website’s Terms of Service. When you click on links on our store, they may direct you away from our site. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of other sites and encourage you to read their privacy statements.
To protect your personal information, we put in place appropriate technological and organisational measures and follow industry best practices to make sure it is not inappropriately lost, misused, accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed. If you provide us with your credit card information, the information is encrypted using secure socket layer technology (SSL) and stored with a AES-256 encryption. Although no method of transmission over the Internet or electronic storage is 100% secure, we follow all PCI-DSS requirements and implement additional generally accepted industry standards.
Our site is not directed at those under the age of 16 and customers must have credit or debit cards to make purchases.
We do not undertake an automated decision making.
ACV will keep your information only for as long as is reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this Statement and to fulfil our legal obligations. Where you are a customer this is usually at least for as long as you remain a customer, to be able meet our legal and contractual obligations to you, and if necessary, to resolve any disputes.
We only retain your information for as long as is necessary for us to use your information as described above or to comply with our legal obligations. However, please be advised that we may retain some of your information after you cease to use our services, for instance if this is necessary to meet our legal obligations, such as retaining the information for tax and accounting purposes.
When determining the relevant retention periods, we will take into account factors including:
- our contractual obligations and rights in relation to the information involved;
- legal obligation(s) under applicable law to retain data for a certain period of time;
- statute of limitations under applicable law(s);
- (potential) disputes; and
- guidelines issued by relevant data protection authorities.
Otherwise, we securely erase your information once this is no longer needed.
For further information on how long your information shall be retained by ACV, please get in touch with us using the details set out below.
Subject to certain conditions, you will, by law, be able to exercise certain rights in respect of your information. Further information about your rights can be obtained from your national data protection authority. You can exercise these rights by contacting us using the details set out below. In almost all circumstances these rights will be free to exercise, although if requests are made on a repeated or manifestly unfounded basis we may charge a reasonable administrative fee.
The right to be informed. You have the right to be provided with clear, transparent and easily understandable information about how we use your information and your rights. This is why we’re providing you with the information in this Statement.
The right of access. You have the right to obtain access to your information (if we’re processing it), and certain other information (similar to that provided in this Statement).
The right to rectification. You are entitled to have your information corrected if it is inaccurate or incomplete. You can request that we rectify any errors in information that we hold by getting in contact with us.
The right to erasure. This is also known as ‘the right to be forgotten’ and, in simple terms, enables you to request the deletion or removal of your information that we hold.
The right to object to processing. You have the right to object to certain types of processing, and you can exercise this right by contacting us using the details set out below.
The right to restrict processing. You have right to ‘block’ or supress further use of your information. When processing is restricted, we can still store your information, but will not use it further.
The right to data portability. You have rights to obtain and reuse your information for your own purposes across different services. If this right is applicable, we will provide you with an accessible copy of your information so that you can use a similar service elsewhere.
The right to lodge a complaint. You have the right to lodge a complaint about the way we handle or process your information with your national data protection regulator.
The right to withdraw consent. If we rely on your consent as our lawful basis for processing your information, you may withdraw your consent at any time. However, doing so will not make unlawful the actions we have taken with your personal data while we had your active consent. You can withdraw your consent to the processing of your information at any time by contacting us using the contact details set out below.
If you would like to exercise Your Rights, register a complaint, or simply want more information about this Privacy Statement or how we use your data, please get in touch with us using the details below.
You can email our Privacy Compliance Officer at;
Or you can get in contact by mail at:
[Re: Privacy Compliance Officer]
6/30 First Avenue, Broadbeach, QLD, 4218, Australia.
If we make material changes to this policy, we will notify you here that it has been updated, so that you are aware of what information we collect, how we use it, and under what circumstances, if any, we use and/or disclose it.
What Cookie types does ACV use?
Our Cookies are either first party or third party. Whether a Cookie is ‘first’ or ‘third’ party refers to the website or domain placing the Cookie. First Party Cookies are placed directly by us, while other parties we may do business with set Third Party Cookies. These third parties collect data directly from your web browser and the processing of this data is subject to their own privacy policies.
Cookies are either:
- Sesson Cookies – which allow websites to link your actions during a browser session. We may use these for a variety of purposes such as remembering what you clicked on, on the previous page visited. These session Cookies expire after a browser session so would not be stored longer term; or
- Persistent Cookies – which are stored on your device in between browser sessions and allow your preferences or actions across a site (or in some cases across different websites) to be remembered. These Cookies do not expire once the browsing session closes and remain on your device until an expiration date set by the source of the Cookie.
What are the categories of the Cookies ACV use?
- Essential Cookies: These Cookies are essential to make our website work correctly, they enable you to move around our website and use our features and make purchases. These Cookies are necessary for the provision of our services and if you do not want us to collect such information, you won’t be able to use our site or make purchases.
- Performance Cookies: These Cookies help us understand how you interact with our website, by providing information about the areas visited, the time spent on the website, and any issues encountered, such as error messages. This helps us understand and improve the performance of our website.
- Functionality Cookies: These Cookies allow our website to remember if you have previously visited our site or the choices you make (such as your user name, store cart) to provide a more personalised online experience.
- Targeting/Advertising Cookies: These Cookies are used to deliver content that is more relevant to you and your interests. They may be used to deliver targeted advertising or to limit the number of times you see an advertisement.
How does ACV manage Cookies?
Most internet browsers are initially set up to automatically accept Cookies. You can change the settings to manage Cookies being sent to your device.
- Disable Cookies in Internet Explorer >> Click here
- Disable Cookies in Chrome >> Click here
- Disable Cookies in Safari >> Click here
- Disable Cookies in FireFox >> Click here
- Disable Cookies in Safari IOS >> Click here
- Disable Cookies in Google Android >> Click here
You can email our Privacy Compliance Officer at;
Or you can get in contact by mail at:
[Re: Privacy Compliance Officer]
6/30 First Avenue, Broadbeach, QLD, 4218, Australia.
The content – including publications – on this website is intended only to provide a summary and general overview of Our past, current and future projects. We attempt to ensure that the content is accurate and current but We do not guarantee its accuracy or currency.
All ACV product and design is subject to copyright. This includes but is not limited to: art works, text, images, graphics, logos owned by ACV. If this is breeched, ACV will seek further action. The contents of our website is intended solely for your personal, non-commercial use. This site or any portion of this site may not be reproduced, duplicated, copied, sold, re-sold or otherwise exploited for any commercial purpose that is not permitted by the owners of ACV.
Please refer to our FAQ page for information on our refund policy.
PRODUCT & PRICING INFORMATION
All material on this website is subject to change without notice. For any questions relating to products, pricing or other matters please contact us via our online contact form
The material provided on our site is copyright protected and is to be used for personal reference only. Permission to reproduce any images must be sought in writing from this Website.
We are not responsible to you or anyone else for any loss suffered in connection with the use of this website or any of the content. This includes, but is not limited to, the transmission of any computer virus.
We make no warranties or representations about this website or any of the content. We exclude, to the maximum extent permitted by law, any liability which may arise as a result of the use of this website, its content or the information on it.
Where liability cannot be excluded, any liability incurred by Us in relation to the use of this website or the content is limited as provided under the Trade Practices Act 1974 (Cth)(as amended). We will never be liable for any indirect, incidental, special or consequential loss arising out of the use of this website, including loss of business profits.
OUR INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
Unless otherwise indicated, We own the copyright and other intellectual property rights (“IP”) in the content on this website. Some of the IP in the content may be owned by someone else and is included on Our website under a license or agreement.
You may only access and use the content for non-commercial or personal use unless you have prior written approval from Us. You may print out any content on this website for your personal use. All other use, copying or reproduction of this website or any part of it, is prohibited (except to the extent permitted by law). None of the content or any part of it may be reproduced on any other Internet website without Our prior written consent.
If you seek to reproduce or otherwise use the content in any way it is your responsibility to obtain approval for such use.
We are the owner of several registered trademarks which appear on this website. Use of these trademarks without Our consent will infringe Our intellectual property rights.
LINKS FROM THIS WEBSITE
Our website is linked to other websites over which we have no control. We make no representations about the accuracy of information contained on those websites. We are not liable for the content on those websites.
This website is created and controlled by ACV. You must ensure that access to and use of this website is in accordance with the laws of your jurisdiction.
We publish electronic addresses on this website to facilitate communication relating to our business functions. This is not to be inferred as consent by Us or the relevant addressees to receiving unsolicited commercial electronic messages or SPAM.